Top Current Affairs 18 August 2020
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on August 10 introduced a submarine optical fiber cable (OFC) connecting Chennai and Port Blair through video conferencing.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the financing office of Rs. 1 lakh crore under the Agriculture Infrastructure Fund on August 9 through video conferencing.
- President Ram Nath Kovind administered the oath of office to Girish Chandra Murmu as Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG) at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- India will have ICC Men’s T20 Cricket World Cup 2021.
- In Sri Lanka, Mahinda Rajapaksa was sworn in as the new Prime Minister.
- former wicketkeeper Lanka de Silva has been selected as the interim head coach of the Sri Lankan women’s team.
- UPSC’s new administrator Pradeep Kumar Joshi will have a tenure till April 4, 2022.
- e-commerce commercial center Flipkart has marked an update of the Understanding (MoU) with the Forest Products (ODOP) scheme of the Uttar Pradesh government’s Forest District to bring artisans, weavers and skilled workers into the standard business.
- The Directorate of Cashew Research (DCR) in Karnataka has launched a mobile app, which will show data identified with yield growth, information and examination for partners, including rankers.
- leading depository CDSL has obtained independence from UIDAI to carry out e-KYC confirmation using Aadhaar.
For More latest Worldwide Current Affairs Visit our below Articles- Current Affairs
|Follow Us on Social Networks||Facebook | Twitter|